LYONSCG Roundup: This Week’s eCommerce News, Tips, & Insights
Holiday spending, eCommerce SEO tips, and Millennial loyalty. Here’s a roundup of the eCommerce news we shared this week.
1. Unnecessary checkout fields. Confusing and conflicting information. Too many discounts and perks. Are you allowing these, and five other factors, kill your eCommerce sales?
2. We’re all striving for that number one spot on Google–a sometimes daunting task. LYONSCG’s Joe Obringer has 7 easy (yet impactful!) eCommerce SEO tactics you should use right now.
3. US consumers are ready to spend more this holiday season. Spending should grow 10% over last year to an average spend of $1,121 per shopper.
4. The battle of the stories: check out this infographic that outlines the similarities and differences between Snapchat and Instagram stories. Which is better for your brand?
5. Have you had a hard time resolving your Google search algorithm penalties? Penguin 4.0 to the rescue!
6. The start to the holiday shopping season seems to begin earlier and earlier every year. Greg Zakowicz from LYONSCG partner Bronto explains on the Magento blog how retailers need to consider “Gray November” as part of their seasonal strategy by planning for a longer shopping period and accounting for changes in consumer behavior.
7. What are brands with growing websites doing differently? They’re focused on social media, advertising, and email traffic. Check out the statistics.
8. Millennials are eager to engage with brands—as long it is on their terms. Here are tips to designing loyalty programs that will gain this generation’s attention and trust.
9. No drones delivering to your doorstep anytime soon. Federal officials have started to define some of the technical standards for drone delivery, but drones becoming a widespread commercial reality is still three or more years away.
10. Is your site search delivering for your holiday shoppers? Gift shoppers visiting your site this holiday season will make use of search to find products they don’t usually buy for themselves. Take note: 73% of consumers say they are extremely likely or likely to leave a retail site that doesn’t produce good search results.
Mary Clare Riordan is event marketing manager at LYONSCG, a proud Marquette University alum, and a fan of all things Boston sports.