Commerce Maturity Model
The LYONSCG Commerce Authority Score is designed to help businesses assess the health of their commerce strategy, and uncover opportunities to improve it. The assessment is conducted through a survey covering four areas:
- Business Strategy
- Customer Journey
- Digital Marketing
Your assigned consultant will review your Commerce Authority score with you, highlighting the items that could inform your businesses road map, and the action items that accompany those areas of opportunity.
1. Our company has a customer data repositoryYou Scored 0/2
It is important to understand how your customer likes to shop and where they like to spend their money. Multiple databases can be a hindrance to understanding customers habits and likely you are duplicating efforts in marketing. It would behoove the brand to move to a single customer repository.
2. Our organizational structure prioritizes the overall customer experience through all business channelsYou Scored 0/2
Your customers want to shop where they want and when they want. Having a siloed organization usually creates conflict in a multi-channel business. Stores, Direct, and Web should be at least sharing a calendar and be transparent in their marketing efforts. Some departments should probably be combined so marketing dollars are not duplicated.
3. We have a yearly budgeting processYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
4. We have a strong understanding of who our customers areYou Scored 2/3
You have done a great job of targeting your primary customers. There are always opportunities to look at other types of customers who are outliers within your audience and to understand how to serve them through marketing and messaging.
5. We have a strong understanding of our competitors and the competitive landscapeYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most retailers. This awareness and research should result in annual or bi-annual roadmapping exercises to keep you in front of your competition and aligned with consumer expectations.
6. We offer standard pricing and promotions across stores and channelsYou Scored 3/5
Great! Best-of-breed digital commerce platforms will support the integration of externally-generated coupon codes, including one-time use codes. This is increasingly a base consumer expectation. Integrating your eCommerce and POS platforms can help bridge this gap.
7. We provide customers with full visibility into both online and in-store inventoryYou Scored 4/4
As an online-only business, you can disregard this question.
8. We fulfill online Ship From Store ordersYou Scored 3/4
Great. Continue to measure and refine the program. Leverage analytics to gain deeper insight, and continually optimize against store's business objectives.
9. Our customers can return online purchases to a retail storeYou Scored 3/5
Great! Your next step should be integrating your POS with your eCommerce platform to allow in-store exchanges.
10. We offer Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS) functionality to shoppersYou Scored 4/5
Continue to measure and refine this program. Establish SLAs for store fulfillment. Use text messaging to notify customers when their orders are ready to be picked up. This will drive additional in-store purchases. Also, allowing the customer to designate another individual to pick up their order on their behalf is a great way to boost loyalty.
11. We leverage Endless Aisle / mobile Point-of-Sale solutionsYou Scored 3/4
Excellent! Focus on tracking and reporting this program, and align incentives for store associates to drive them to offer this option to your customers
12. Our customer experience is optimized for mobile usersYou Scored 4/4
When was this strategy implemented and how often do you revisit or revise it?
13. We segment our loyalty program customers based upon tier of engagementYou Scored 2/2
This is considered best-in-class. You are targeting loyalty customers based on not only spending but a customer's engagement with your brand. To continue to move the needle, you will need to focus on fine-tuning your program. This means prioritizing testing within messaging and offers. A testing plan should be built out internally, or you can leverage a vendor to build a blueprint on your behalf.
14. We email to defined segmentsYou Scored 2/2
already have site behavior and past purchase data you actively segment upon, then your next step is to identify any remaining gaps in your email data profiles. For instance, are there any brand-specific engagements (such as customization or wishlist engagement) that would be beneficial to target? Beyond rounding out your data profile for segmentation, you are now in the "test and learn" phase. Make sure you have a strong testing plan in place to validate your current segmentation and confirm assumptions.
15. Our email platform is integrated into multiple systemsYou Scored 2/2
You have a best-in-class view of your customer. If you have reviewed all data attributes and there are no gaps (e.g. unified view across store and web), then the next step is to make sure you have a solid plan to use your data. This includes triggered sends, segmentation, and content relevancy.
16. We have an active paid media programYou Scored 2/2
Once a media program is established, the next step is constant optimization and mining for additional opportunities - both for increasing efficiency and for next stage growth.
17. Our analytics program is integrated completely with our customer and marketing dataYou Scored 1/2
Transitioning from a moderate to mature understanding of attribution across marketing, device, and offline behavior can be difficult. Depending on your business, this could require an attribution platform or specific attribution study. Before exploring these initiatives, determine how attribution insights will shape your business. This ensures that the attribution technology is worth the cost, delivering value and helping to shape the requirements of your analysis approach.
18. Our site is ADA compliantYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
19. We are utilizing the latest version of our eCommerce platform and its associated functionalityYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class. You may want to gain more insight into the platform roadmap so you have an idea of what rich features will be further added to the platform over time to help drive your business further.
What are the most critical customer experience challenges your business requires assistance for?