Commerce Maturity Model
The LYONSCG Commerce Authority Score is designed to help businesses assess the health of their commerce strategy, and uncover opportunities to improve it. The assessment is conducted through a survey covering four areas:
- Business Strategy
- Customer Journey
- Digital Marketing
Your assigned consultant will review your Commerce Authority score with you, highlighting the items that could inform your businesses road map, and the action items that accompany those areas of opportunity.
1. Our company has a customer data repositoryYou Scored 1/2
Capturing data and feeding the date to a single repository is good. Being able to manipulate the data and create segments to push back out via optimal marketing channels is best.
2. Our organizational structure prioritizes the overall customer experience through all business channelsYou Scored 1/2
This is how most multi-channel retailers are organized. We see many retailers combining their marketing and merchandising teams for more cohesiveness within the marketing calendar and to bring optimal decision around assortment and inventory.
3. We have a yearly budgeting processYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
4. We have a strong understanding of who our customers areYou Scored 2/3
You have done a great job of targeting your primary customers. There are always opportunities to look at other types of customers who are outliers within your audience and to understand how to serve them through marketing and messaging.
5. We have a strong understanding of our competitors and the competitive landscapeYou Scored 1/2
Your Digital Marketing team and/or agency could take this a step further and create a bi-yearly rubric of your competitors features, functions, and value propositions. This will give you a clear understanding of where you outperform and underperform relative to your industry, and where you have opportunities within your sales channels.
6. We offer standard pricing and promotions across stores and channelsYou Scored 2/5
You've taken a solid first step. Can you elaborate on the factors preventing omnichannel offer redemption? Technology issues? Franchisee issues?
7. We provide customers with full visibility into both online and in-store inventoryYou Scored 3/4
This is a solid foundation from which to build additional inventory capabilities. Leverage the site's access to enterprise-wide inventory data to allow shoppers to shop by their preferred store (e.g. filter browse/search pages for products available at their store), and to enable store pickup as a delivery option.
8. We fulfill online Ship From Store ordersYou Scored 3/4
Great. Continue to measure and refine the program. Leverage analytics to gain deeper insight, and continually optimize against store's business objectives.
9. Our customers can return online purchases to a retail storeYou Scored 3/5
Great! Your next step should be integrating your POS with your eCommerce platform to allow in-store exchanges.
10. We offer Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS) functionality to shoppersYou Scored 4/5
Continue to measure and refine this program. Establish SLAs for store fulfillment. Use text messaging to notify customers when their orders are ready to be picked up. This will drive additional in-store purchases. Also, allowing the customer to designate another individual to pick up their order on their behalf is a great way to boost loyalty.
11. We leverage Endless Aisle / mobile Point-of-Sale solutionsYou Scored 3/4
Excellent! Focus on tracking and reporting this program, and align incentives for store associates to drive them to offer this option to your customers
12. Our customer experience is optimized for mobile usersYou Scored 4/4
When was this strategy implemented and how often do you revisit or revise it?
13. We segment our loyalty program customers based upon tier of engagementYou Scored 2/2
This is considered best-in-class. You are targeting loyalty customers based on not only spending but a customer's engagement with your brand. To continue to move the needle, you will need to focus on fine-tuning your program. This means prioritizing testing within messaging and offers. A testing plan should be built out internally, or you can leverage a vendor to build a blueprint on your behalf.
14. We email to defined segmentsYou Scored 2/2
already have site behavior and past purchase data you actively segment upon, then your next step is to identify any remaining gaps in your email data profiles. For instance, are there any brand-specific engagements (such as customization or wishlist engagement) that would be beneficial to target? Beyond rounding out your data profile for segmentation, you are now in the "test and learn" phase. Make sure you have a strong testing plan in place to validate your current segmentation and confirm assumptions.
15. Our email platform is integrated into multiple systemsYou Scored 2/2
You have a best-in-class view of your customer. If you have reviewed all data attributes and there are no gaps (e.g. unified view across store and web), then the next step is to make sure you have a solid plan to use your data. This includes triggered sends, segmentation, and content relevancy.
16. We have an active paid media programYou Scored 2/2
Once a media program is established, the next step is constant optimization and mining for additional opportunities - both for increasing efficiency and for next stage growth.
17. Our analytics program is integrated completely with our customer and marketing dataYou Scored 2/2
There are immediate optimization opportunities after completing your attribution infrastructure that may have been missed. Subsequent insights can be uncovered by testing changes in marketing tactics and observing the results on your attribution models. Ensure that any new marketing tactic is included as an input within your model.
18. Our site is ADA compliantYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
19. We are utilizing the latest version of our eCommerce platform and its associated functionalityYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class. You may want to gain more insight into the platform roadmap so you have an idea of what rich features will be further added to the platform over time to help drive your business further.
What are the most critical customer experience challenges your business requires assistance for?
Test submission, please ignore!