Commerce Maturity Model
The LYONSCG Commerce Authority Score is designed to help businesses assess the health of their commerce strategy, and uncover opportunities to improve it. The assessment is conducted through a survey covering four areas:
- Business Strategy
- Customer Journey
- Digital Marketing
Your assigned consultant will review your Commerce Authority score with you, highlighting the items that could inform your businesses road map, and the action items that accompany those areas of opportunity.
1. Our company has a customer data repositoryYou Scored 1/2
Capturing data and feeding the date to a single repository is good. Being able to manipulate the data and create segments to push back out via optimal marketing channels is best.
2. Our organizational structure prioritizes the overall customer experience through all business channelsYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
3. We have a yearly budgeting processYou Scored 1/2
An annual budget is great, but most brands and retailers need to implement budget changes throughout the year. Business can change both positively and negatively, and these changes should be forecast at the mid-point of your year.
4. We have a strong understanding of who our customers areYou Scored 3/3
You are ahead of most retailers. All of this information should be utilized tin segmentation and marketing strategies and implemented throughout your customer databases.
5. We have a strong understanding of our competitors and the competitive landscapeYou Scored 1/2
Your Digital Marketing team and/or agency could take this a step further and create a bi-yearly rubric of your competitors features, functions, and value propositions. This will give you a clear understanding of where you outperform and underperform relative to your industry, and where you have opportunities within your sales channels.
6. We offer standard pricing and promotions across stores and channelsYou Scored 4/5
Excellent. You're delivering a unified commerce experience to your customers!
7. We provide customers with full visibility into both online and in-store inventoryYou Scored 3/4
This is a solid foundation from which to build additional inventory capabilities. Leverage the site's access to enterprise-wide inventory data to allow shoppers to shop by their preferred store (e.g. filter browse/search pages for products available at their store), and to enable store pickup as a delivery option.
8. We fulfill online Ship From Store ordersYou Scored 2/4
What are the factors contributing to this limitation? Have technology limitations or channel-specific P&L issues led to this approach? If your average lines-per-order is high, this is likely negatively impacting your customer experience and your profitability. Determine the right customer-centric strategy for Ship-From-Store and adjust systems and internal organizational issues accordingly. LYONSCG can help.
9. Our customers can return online purchases to a retail storeYou Scored 4/5
Awesome! You've unified your customer experience around returns and exchanges!
10. We offer Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS) functionality to shoppersYou Scored 5/5
As an online business, you can disregard this question.
11. We leverage Endless Aisle / mobile Point-of-Sale solutionsYou Scored 3/4
Excellent! Focus on tracking and reporting this program, and align incentives for store associates to drive them to offer this option to your customers
12. Our customer experience is optimized for mobile usersYou Scored 2/4
Have you designed for specific mobile journeys? Can you elaborate on your mobile strategy?
13. We segment our loyalty program customers based upon tier of engagementYou Scored 2/2
This is considered best-in-class. You are targeting loyalty customers based on not only spending but a customer's engagement with your brand. To continue to move the needle, you will need to focus on fine-tuning your program. This means prioritizing testing within messaging and offers. A testing plan should be built out internally, or you can leverage a vendor to build a blueprint on your behalf.
14. We email to defined segmentsYou Scored 2/2
already have site behavior and past purchase data you actively segment upon, then your next step is to identify any remaining gaps in your email data profiles. For instance, are there any brand-specific engagements (such as customization or wishlist engagement) that would be beneficial to target? Beyond rounding out your data profile for segmentation, you are now in the "test and learn" phase. Make sure you have a strong testing plan in place to validate your current segmentation and confirm assumptions.
15. Our email platform is integrated into multiple systemsYou Scored 2/2
You have a best-in-class view of your customer. If you have reviewed all data attributes and there are no gaps (e.g. unified view across store and web), then the next step is to make sure you have a solid plan to use your data. This includes triggered sends, segmentation, and content relevancy.
16. We have an active paid media programYou Scored 2/2
Once a media program is established, the next step is constant optimization and mining for additional opportunities - both for increasing efficiency and for next stage growth.
17. Our analytics program is integrated completely with our customer and marketing dataYou Scored 1/2
Transitioning from a moderate to mature understanding of attribution across marketing, device, and offline behavior can be difficult. Depending on your business, this could require an attribution platform or specific attribution study. Before exploring these initiatives, determine how attribution insights will shape your business. This ensures that the attribution technology is worth the cost, delivering value and helping to shape the requirements of your analysis approach.
18. Our site is ADA compliantYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
19. We are utilizing the latest version of our eCommerce platform and its associated functionalityYou Scored 1/2
To improve the user experience, you may want to institute some A/B testing to qualify your statements that the user experience is positive, and analyze your data to verify how users are reacting to the user experience.
What are the most critical customer experience challenges your business requires assistance for?
This is test submission, please ignore