Commerce Maturity Model
The LYONSCG Commerce Authority Score is designed to help businesses assess the health of their commerce strategy, and uncover opportunities to improve it. The assessment is conducted through a survey covering four areas:
- Business Strategy
- Customer Journey
- Digital Marketing
Your assigned consultant will review your Commerce Authority score with you, highlighting the items that could inform your businesses road map, and the action items that accompany those areas of opportunity.
1. Our company has a customer data repositoryYou Scored 1/2
Capturing data and feeding the date to a single repository is good. Being able to manipulate the data and create segments to push back out via optimal marketing channels is best.
2. Our organizational structure prioritizes the overall customer experience through all business channelsYou Scored 1/2
This is how most multi-channel retailers are organized. We see many retailers combining their marketing and merchandising teams for more cohesiveness within the marketing calendar and to bring optimal decision around assortment and inventory.
3. We have a yearly budgeting processYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
4. We have a strong understanding of who our customers areYou Scored 3/3
You are ahead of most retailers. All of this information should be utilized tin segmentation and marketing strategies and implemented throughout your customer databases.
5. We have a strong understanding of our competitors and the competitive landscapeYou Scored 0/2
Understanding who your competitors are, and having the ability to benchmark your metrics against these individual competitors and your industry as a whole is critical to prioritizing new functionality, implementing improvements, and measuring success.
6. We offer standard pricing and promotions across stores and channelsYou Scored 4/5
Excellent. You're delivering a unified commerce experience to your customers!
7. We provide customers with full visibility into both online and in-store inventoryYou Scored 2/4
This is a solid foundation from which to build additional inventory capabilities. Leverage the site's access to enterprise-wide inventory data to allow shoppers to shop by their preferred store (e.g. filter browse/search pages for products available at their store), and to enable store pickup as a delivery option.
8. We fulfill online Ship From Store ordersYou Scored 3/4
Great. Continue to measure and refine the program. Leverage analytics to gain deeper insight, and continually optimize against store's business objectives.
9. Our customers can return online purchases to a retail storeYou Scored 2/5
Cross-channel customer service is a differentiator for retailers. Giving your store associates the appropriate tools to not only see online transactions, but process refunds/returns with the original payment tender used online is a great step in the right direction. POS integration is not always necessary, but to take the next step, you'll need to consider extending your eCommerce platform's customer service tools into the in-store environment.
10. We offer Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS) functionality to shoppersYou Scored 4/5
Continue to measure and refine this program. Establish SLAs for store fulfillment. Use text messaging to notify customers when their orders are ready to be picked up. This will drive additional in-store purchases. Also, allowing the customer to designate another individual to pick up their order on their behalf is a great way to boost loyalty.
11. We leverage Endless Aisle / mobile Point-of-Sale solutionsYou Scored 4/4
As an online-only business, you can disregard this question.
12. Our customer experience is optimized for mobile usersYou Scored 3/4
How have these enhanced features been performing relative to your expectations? Have you seen increases in conversion since implementing these changes?
13. We segment our loyalty program customers based upon tier of engagementYou Scored 2/2
This is considered best-in-class. You are targeting loyalty customers based on not only spending but a customer's engagement with your brand. To continue to move the needle, you will need to focus on fine-tuning your program. This means prioritizing testing within messaging and offers. A testing plan should be built out internally, or you can leverage a vendor to build a blueprint on your behalf.
14. We email to defined segmentsYou Scored 2/2
already have site behavior and past purchase data you actively segment upon, then your next step is to identify any remaining gaps in your email data profiles. For instance, are there any brand-specific engagements (such as customization or wishlist engagement) that would be beneficial to target? Beyond rounding out your data profile for segmentation, you are now in the "test and learn" phase. Make sure you have a strong testing plan in place to validate your current segmentation and confirm assumptions.
15. Our email platform is integrated into multiple systemsYou Scored 1/2
You have a view of your customer consolidated in your ESP, and likely have a good foundation of attributes to segment upon. As a next step, you should focus on behavioral or predictive data to round out your customer profiles. There are a large number of vendors that specialize in building out customer data profiles. If you leverage SFMC, collect tags should be implemented to gather on-site behavioral data.
16. We have an active paid media programYou Scored 2/2
Once a media program is established, the next step is constant optimization and mining for additional opportunities - both for increasing efficiency and for next stage growth.
17. Our analytics program is integrated completely with our customer and marketing dataYou Scored 2/2
There are immediate optimization opportunities after completing your attribution infrastructure that may have been missed. Subsequent insights can be uncovered by testing changes in marketing tactics and observing the results on your attribution models. Ensure that any new marketing tactic is included as an input within your model.
18. Our site is ADA compliantYou Scored 2/2
You are ahead of most brands. This is considered best-in-class.
19. We are utilizing the latest version of our eCommerce platform and its associated functionalityYou Scored 1/2
To improve the user experience, you may want to institute some A/B testing to qualify your statements that the user experience is positive, and analyze your data to verify how users are reacting to the user experience.
What are the most critical customer experience challenges your business requires assistance for?
Testing the form!